If you have never seen The Blue Man Group, I highly suggest going to see the show! I had sooo much fun AND I had the best quadruple date with the Blue Men! The show was so engaging with awesome music, art, comedy, dancing and social concepts that kept you wanting to see more. At one point in the show, the Blue Men went into the audience. I was kind of scared because they were intimidating. Then all of a sudden my friend Samantha started pointing at me. The next thing I know, I was going on a quadruple date and performing on stage in front of a packed audience. It was so exciting and at the same time nerve wrecking because I had to improvise and dust off my junior year of high school acting skills. I seriously had the best time on stage. I don’t want to indulge in all the date details, but lets just say it was literally out of this world.
The award wining show has been going strong worldwide since 1991. They perform over 3,600 shows a year around the world and about 35 million people have experienced the show to date. The Blue Man Group has partnered up with Autism Speaks for a special performance on October 4th at 4 P.M. Sight modifications will be made to the performance to accommodate individuals with Autism. Tickets to this performance are available for $49, with $5 from every ticket purchased donated to Autism Speaks. For more information and tickets click here.
Here are also some fun facts about The Blue Man Group:
Approximately 17 crew members run the show (this includes wardrobe, props, video, sound, electrics, deck and stage management).
Each week in the show, we use:
- 60 drum heads, including both the band loft and stage
- 16 cymbals are used with the drum kit
- 64 drumsticks
- 550 feet of piping are used to make the PVC tubed instruments
- 50 gallons of paint.
- 32 pounds of Jell-O
- 8 boxes of Cap’n Crunch cereal
- 40 pieces of white chocolate Toblerone
- 385 marshmallows
- 444 mashed up bananas, 30 pounds composted per week
- 44 boxes of Twinkie Lights (each Twinkie has just 130 calories!)
- 28 cakes of blue makeup specially made for Blue Man Group (we even have our own proprietary color Blue Man Blue)
- 21 bald caps
- And all of this adds up to 75 loads of laundry every week!
*This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.